Internships as elective courses
If you fulfill the following requirements, your internship can be accepted as an elective course:
- the internship has to be related to the study programme
- it was carried out after the beginning of your master studies in EUS
- it was a full-time internship of at least four weeks
- your participation can be confirmed by a reference letter or certificate
- after completing your internship you have to write a report of 7-10 pages which will be graded with passed/failed by Prof. Gaitanides.
Your internship is worth 5 ECTS. Since it is graded on the basis of passed/failed the grade cannot be considered for your final average grade on your diploma (which indicates your overall performance in the master). Acknowledgement of your internship is voluntary, you have to decide yourself whether you prefer to take an elective course which is graded within the regular grading system and influences your final average grade or not.
Before starting your internship please come to Prof. Gaitanides' office hours where you hand in this form ("Application for an Extracurricular Internship"). Otherwise acceptance of your internship cannot be guaranteed.
There is also a general list of sources for internships available here.
Please find the respective documents to apply for and certify an internship under 'Forms', where you can also find a form for the final report on your internship.
Institutions and organisations offering internships
The following list is supposed to give you an idea as to where you can apply for an internship.
- Association of European Border Regions (AEBR)
- ECMI - European Centre for Minority Issues
- European Court of Justice (ECJ)
- European Ombudsman
- Regional Ombudsmen
- European Parliament
- European Commission
- EuroBrussels.com (job search)